Discover Belgium: A Great Brewing Nation
Throughout the 20th Century Belgium was seen as the top country for brewing beer. We'll check out a diverse range of beers from abbey beers through to lambic and sour beers. We will attempt to answer the question – 'are Belgian brewers a force to be reckoned with or have they lost their brewing crown to the exciting New World (and UK) craft brewers?'
This course costs £22 per person including VAT. All tickets must be booked in advance.
To see a list of the dates and venues for this event or to book your ticket please click the link below to visit Eventbrite.
Each of our tasting events features:
- A theme, to pull everything together.
- A carefully selected range of 8 beers, with a 10cl industry standard tasting sample of each one. This is enough to allow you to check out the colour, aroma and taste of the beer whilst not overloading your palate which would spoil your enjoyment.
- Lots of background about the brewers and their breweries.
- Banter (that's your job)!
- A tricky competition, which can be undertaken as an individual or as a team of two. The prize is beer related and may include some interesting and rare books.
- Some snacks.