Discover UK Innovation: Local Success Stories
Through the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s beer production in the UK stagnated. But thanks to successful, high profile campaigning by CAMRA (The Campaign for Real Ale) and major tax relief for small brewers, introduced by Gordon Brown in 2002, the tide turned and there are now over 2000 brewers in the U.K. with more opening every month.
We will look at some of the success stories such as Sharps, Camden Town and Brewdog which are now massive concerns employing hundreds of people to some of the new adventurous start ups such as Magic Rock and Moor Beer.
We will sample beers from 8 of them.
And we will attempt to answer the question – ‘what happens next?’
This course costs £22 per person including VAT. All tickets must be booked in advance.
To see a list of the dates and venues for this event or to book your ticket please click the link below to visit Eventbrite.
Each of our tasting events features:
- A theme, to pull everything together.
- A carefully selected range of 8 beers, with a 10cl industry standard tasting sample of each one. This is enough to allow you to check out the colour, aroma and taste of the beer whilst not overloading your palate which would spoil your enjoyment.
- Lots of background about the brewers and their breweries.
- Banter (that's your job)!
- A tricky competition, which can be undertaken as an individual or as a team of two. The prize is beer related and may include some interesting and rare books.
- Some snacks.