Discover USA: A Worldwide Success Story
The USA led the worldwide charge to brew exciting and challenging beers in the 80’s having been dominated by large brewers with homogenised brews for many years before.
The inventiveness of the brewers and the quality of their marketing has made some of them international success stories. There are now over 7000 craft brewers in the USA and between them they take 12% of the market.
We’ll take a close look at Sierra Nevada, Samuel Adams and Anchor Steam Brewery for three beers and then pick a US city or region for the remaining five.
And we will attempt to answer the question – ‘what, if anything, is lost when craft brewers are taken over by multi-national businesses?’
This course costs £22 per person including VAT. All tickets must be booked in advance.
To see a list of the dates and venues for this event or to book your ticket please click the link below to visit Eventbrite.
Each of our tasting events features:
- A theme, to pull everything together.
- A carefully selected range of 8 beers, with a 10cl industry standard tasting sample of each one. This is enough to allow you to check out the colour, aroma and taste of the beer whilst not overloading your palate which would spoil your enjoyment.
- Lots of background about the brewers and their breweries.
- Banter (that's your job)!
- A tricky competition, which can be undertaken as an individual or as a team of two. The prize is beer related and may include some interesting and rare books.
- Some snacks.