Discover Beer: Introduction to Beer and Brewing
This event will get you started on your beer journey. It's all about beer and the people who brew it.
What will this event cover?
- The history of brewing from the Ancient Egyptians to the current day
- The secrets of the professional beer taster
- Eight important British beer styles revealed through the showcasing of favourite beers available in many British high streets
- What makes a great beer
- Your next beer adventure
This course costs £22 per person including VAT. All tickets must be booked in advance.
To see a list of the dates and venues for this event or to book your ticket please click the link below to visit Eventbrite.
Each of our tasting events features:
- A theme, to pull everything together.
- A carefully selected range of 8 beers, with a 10cl industry standard tasting sample of each one. This is enough to allow you to check out the colour, aroma and taste of the beer whilst not overloading your palate which would spoil your enjoyment.
- Lots of background about the brewers and their breweries.
- Banter (that's your job)!
- A tricky competition, which can be undertaken as an individual or as a team of two. The prize is beer related and may include some interesting and rare books.
- Some snacks.